1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Add the milk, vanilla and salt.
3. Pour in the pie shell and bake for 15 min.
4. Reduce heat to 325 degrees and continue baking for 50-60 min or until set (pie will be slightly browned on top).
5. Serve when cool.
Hint: You can change flavors by changing the vanilla to lemon, coconut, almond, or whatever flavor you feel like that day!
When the grandkids would come over and ask Grandmother Lillie “What did you make today?” she would respond “Oh honey, jes’ pie.” Want another little secret to go along with this delicious pie recipe? It’s Charlie’s favorite!DIRECTIONS: Lillie’s Piecrust
1. Place flour and salt in bowl, and cut in lard until mixture resembles small peas. In a Pyrex measuring cup, combine vinegar and egg, and add water to make ¹⁄³ cup liquid.
2. Slowly add liquid to the flour mixture, forming dough. Do not overwork.
3. Remove from bowl, halve, and pat into disks. If not using immediately, cover in plastic wrap and chill.