1. In a 2-qt. saucepan, bring 4 cups liquid to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and whisk in grits.
2. Cook, whisking frequently, until grits are tender and creamy, 45+ minutes. You might need to add water throughout the cooking process to keep the consistency what you want.
3. Add the butter and stir until melted throughout.
4. Cover and hold until ready to plate.RECIPE FOR THE SHRIMP:
1. Sweat minced garlic in the olive oil until translucent.
2. Add all other ingredients except butter and simmer for ten minutes.
3. Pull off the heat and mount in butter cube by cube, let cool to room temp.
4. Use part of the sauce to marinate the shrimp for 2 hours.
5. Sauté the shrimp in the rest of the sauce.SHRIMP & GRITS RECIPE:
1. Plate grits first then add 5 shrimp in the middle of the grits.
2. Use excess sauce to drizzle over each dish.
3. Garnish with chopped parsley and diced pimientos.